- There is a lots of fields you can study to earn money but the field of Merchant Navy is one of the most high paying career in India as well as all over the world.
- The students who want to join Merchant Navy must be eligible for it (Eligibility we had discussed in some previous posts).
- We can join Merchant Navy after 10th , 12th or Graduation.
After your 10th board’s exam you can do GP Rating course, so you can work as crew either in engine or deck side according to you or company sends you.
GP Rating: The GP(General Purpose) Course was introduced on request from the Shipping Industry, in order to ensure enhanced & multiple utilities of ratings, on board vessels belonging to shipping companies, worldwide. The concept of “General Purpose Rating” was introduced by the Directorate. This ensured higher employ-ability of the Indian seafarers in the world market.
Course duration : 6 Months
Minimum Academic Qualification: Pass with aggregate 40% marks in 10th Standard from a recognized Board with Science, Mathematics as subjects and with minimum 40% marks in English language either in 10th, 12th or
Maximum Age limit : Between 17.5 to 25 years.
(Note: If you are good in academics then I will suggest you join Merchant Navy after 12th because then you will get better options.)
- To join Merchant Navy after Class 12th you have to appear from IMU CET exam.
- Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) is an all India online common entrance tests managed by the Indian Maritime University and is for everyone who wishes to join the coveted profession of Merchant Navy.
- A candidate can enroll for an undergraduate and postgraduate program under IMU CET.
- First, you need to fill the exam form of IMU CET online.
- Candidates are required to upload Photograph, Signature, 10th Marksheet & Category certificate if any.
- Candidates are required to download and print filled-in application form in a standard format for their reference.
- After successfully submitting the application form a system generated e-mails/SMS will be sent to the candidates.
- After the result of the examination, the candidates need to appear for counselling which is conducted by IMU (Indian Maritime University)
- Eligible candidates will get government college.
- You can apply for PG courses you will be appear in IMU CET-PG exam.
- Qualifying Exam :- Candidates have to pass 12th boards or equivalent examination and B.Sc. or BE/B.Tech (from IIT or college recognized by AICTE).
- Subjects :-12th boards examination with PCM and B. Sc. in PCM, Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years or B.E./B.Tech. with Electrictonics, Electrical or Mechanical branch.
- Minimum Marks :- Minimum 60% marks (10+2 examination) or not less than 50% marks (B.Sc. & BE/B.Tech).
*For any doubt and query write your comment and connect on social media. we will respond you..