This program of study is provided for students who intend to embark on a career in the maritime industry as navigating Officers and Masters on commercial vessels. Course content includes navigation and vessel handling, cargo and passenger transport, vessel management, marine legislation and shipboard safety.
It is a 3 years full time residential program. This Bachelor’s Degree course consists of both theoretical as well as practical sessions.
B.Sc. in Nautical Science covers all important topics related to maritime studies. After completion you are eligible for navigation Officers.
The Bachelor of Applied Nautical Science is the recognised pathway to becoming an AMSA certified deck officer. This degree provides additional knowledge and skills that will be of benefit to students seeking a career ashore. The degree will also equip professional deck officers with the additional knowledge and skills that they are likely to require to take up senior shore- based professional positions such as:
- Governmental regulators and organisations such as AMSA, EMSA,IMO etc..
- Senior position in a shipyard
- Fleet manager in a shipping company
- Crew manager/ Shipping agent
- Marine superintendent or safety manager in a shipping company
- Product, R&D, sales and service managers in companies suppling maritime equipment
- Surveyor in a classification Society
- Marine Surveyor with a Port State Control authority such as AMSA
- Work in Marine insurance companies
- Mediators/ Arbitrators
- Maritime Education and Training, research and teaching positions