BBA is a management course that focuses on the shipping sector. This is a programme that focuses on the needs of the shipping industries. It trains the students & makes the students know about the shipping and logistics sector.
This course has been developed to meet the requirements of shipping industries. The course generally covers the management lesson, administration techniques, liner trade, port operation and charting, multi-modal transportation etc.
In this programme, you will learn about-
- OPERATIONS:- Learn how businesses make the effective use of their practices.
- FINANCE:-Learn and understand how the business is financed and how to judge the profitability of the investment.
- ACCOUNTING:-This skill gives an ability to understand finance activity.
- MARKETING:-In this you will learn about the basic techniques of marketing, how to attract customers and companies.
It is a three years long course. The academic program is divided into 6 semesters where each semester lasts for a period of 6 months.
The aspirate who wishes to apply for this course should have pass 10+2 from any stream from a recognized board with a minimum aggregate of 45-55%.
The admission process is based on the merit list. Under this scheme, the candidates are selected on the basis of written or aptitude tests. The admission process may vary from college to college.
Some of the important subjects in BBA are listed below:
- Communication skills
- Business law
- Maritime law
- Liner trade
- Customs Laws and Procedures
- Port Operations and Management
- Multimodal transportation
- Logistic Management
KINDS OF JOB ONE CAN GET AFTER BBA:
- Marketing and sales
- Public relations
CAREER PROSPECTS AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
BBA shipping course focuses on the needs of the shipping sector. Shipping industries are the primary recruiter of the graduates. Graduates may find a job in the following sector:-
- Shipping companies
- Ports and Harbors
- Consultation agencies
- MNCs and Business Houses
Salary depends upon the factors like job position, job location, resources available, the aptitude of employee etc.
|S.NO||JOB POSITION||AVERAGE ANNUAL INCOME (IN INR)|
|1.||Logistic operation manager||8-10lacs|
|2.||Road transport manager||5-8lacs|
|3.||Supply chain manager||3-6lacs|