GP rating stands for General Purpose rating. It is a pre-sea training program for a duration of 6 months. The program focuses on subjects and topics related to deck/engine roles and tasks. After successful completion of the course, the certified candidate can work as a deck/engine crew.
Course Duration: 6 months
- The candidate must have passed 10th standard with an aggregate of 40% from a board with science and Maths as subjects.
- minimum of 40% marks in the English language either in 10th,12th or diploma/degree exam.
- Maximum age limit: 17.5 to 25 years.
- Candidate should be mentally and physically strong.
- Eye vision should be 6/6
- Candidate should not suffer from colour blindness.
After completion of the
DECK RATING COURSES
Although GP rating course covers the aspects of deck crew training and engine crew training , it consist of separate deck and engine crew training.
Steering the ship, keeping watch and assisting the Navigation are few operational, Navigational and cargo duties of deck officer. In port, they would secure the ship to the for carry out maintenance and contribute to the security of vessel.
- Course duration i: 6 months
- Eligibility: 10th pass from for carrying the
- Age limit: minimum subjects. 17.5 to 25 years.
- Vision: 6/6 eye vision and no colour blindness.