The engineering that deals with nautical architecture and science is known as MARINE ENGINEERING.
It also includes engineering of:
- oil rigsother marine vessels or structure.
Courses dealt in marine engineering are:
- maintenance of ship and other sailing vessels
A marine engineer is a skilled person who is responsible for designing, constructing and maintaining the vehicles and structures used on or around water.
Several mechanical systems that are helpful in operations of any vessels are:
- propulsion mechanics
- electricity and power generation system
- fuel systems
- water distillation
- lighting and air conditioning system
- cruise ships
- oil platforms
- harbors are created using marine engineering technology and techniques.
The minimum requirement for career entry and graduate programs in this field is ‘a bachelor’s degree in marine engineering’.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MARINE ENGINEERS:
- Ships’s technical management is the complete responsibility of a marine engineer.
- They select ship’s machineries such as:
- diesel engines
- steam turbines
- gas turbines
- The engineers ensure the safety and standards of the marine body.
- Main responsibility of marine engineers are operation, construction and maintenance of engine room
- The most choosed career among the students is the marine engineering.
- Good opportunities exist in private , educational, corporate and government sectors.
FEW JOB FIELDS IN MARINE ENGINEERING ARE:
- environmental protection.
- offshore oil recovery.
- marine metals.
- renewable energy.
- remote sensing.
- naval architecture.
- underwater vehicles.
- global climate monitoring.
- marine transportation.
- merchant vessels.
- navy vessels.
- manufactures of shipping equipment.
- oil industries.
- government organizations.
- shipping companies.
- training other marine engineers.
- problem solving
- time management
- IT skills to use Auto CAD design software.