Merchant navy companies are very important and necessary for transportation of crude oil in heavy quantity through sea routes.Many colleges have their own companies where they recruit their own students just after the completion of their course.
Coming years see a lot of scope in the field of Shipping companies. If country has some of the best shipping companies in the world, then its economic growth shoots up.
- 1 LIST OF TOP 10 MERCHANT NAVY COMPANIES IN INDIA:
- 2 LIST OF TOP TEN INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COMPANIES:
- 2.1 1.NYK (NIPPON YUSEN KABUSHIKI KAISHA):
- 2.2 2. EVERGREEN MARINE CORPORATION:
- 2.3 3. CMA CGM GROUP:
- 2.4 4. MAERSK:
- 2.5 5. MSC (MEDITERRANEAN SHIPPING COMPANY):
- 2.6 6.HAPAG- LLOYD:
- 2.7 7.APL(AMERICAN PRESIDENT LINES):
- 2.8 8.COSCO(CHINA OCEAN SHIPPING COMPANY):
- 2.9 9. HANJIN SHIPPING COMPANY:
- 2.10 10. CSCL (CHINA SHIPPING CONTAINER LINES):
- 3 Related
LIST OF TOP 10 MERCHANT NAVY COMPANIES IN INDIA:
1.THE SHIPPING CORPORATION OF INDIA LTD:
- THE SHIPPING CORPORATION OF INDIA LIMITED is India’s no. one shipping company.
- Under taken by state government, this company was found in Bombay in 1961.
- It’s core business is shipping.
- This company offer services like Bulk carriers and tanker services, offshore services,liner & passenger services.
- Website : http://www.shipindia.com
2. ESSAR SHIPPING LTD:
- ESSAR SHIPPING LIMITED is the second largest shipping company in India, also known as ESSAN SHIPPING POST & LOGISTIC LIMITED and found in 1945.
- It’s headquarter is located in Mumbai and is India’s largest private sector shipping company.
- It carry crude oil and other bulk cargo.
- Website : www.essar.com.
3.THE GREAT EASTERN SHIPPING COMPANIES:
- It is the third largest merchant navy company, also known as GE Shipping.
- It mainly transport gas, liquid and solid bulk product.
- Company’s headquarter is located in Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The main business of the company is shipping and offshore.
- Website: www.greatship.com.
4. BHARATI SHIPYARD:
- Bharati Shipyard is the fourth largest merchant navy company.
- It only does ship building, designing and repairing.
- Having headquarter in Mumbai, founded in 1973.
5. ABG SHIPYARD:
- Its rank is fifth among the merchant navy companies.
- Like Bharati Shipyard, it also does Shipbuilding and designing.
- Its headquarter is situated in Ahmedbad.
- This company do its shipbuilding operation in Surat and Danej in Gujarat.
- Corporate office of company is in Mumbai and Largest ship repairing unit in Goa, founded in 1985.
6. MERCATOR LTD:
- It is the sixth largest company in our countdown.
- Company’s headquarter is in Mumbai and founded in 1983.
- Company caters shipping, coal, dredging and offshore business.
- Company’s main business is commodity transportation, coal, oil, gas and dredging.
7. GUJARAT PIPAVAV:
- Gujarat Pipavav is the seventh largest company in merchant navy field and known as Pipavav Shipyard.
- Company is based in Mumbai, founded in 1997.
- Company offers the services like logistics support and cargo handling.
- Website: www.pipavavshipyard.com.
8. VARUN SHIPPING:
- Its rank is eighth among shipping companies.
- It is a private company and has grown very fast.
- Core business is energy transportation.
- Company is based in Mumbai.
- Website: www.varunship.com.
9. GLOBAL OFFSHORE SERVICES LIMITED:
- It is the ninth shipping company operating in India.
- Its operation include cargo, transfer of personnel and anchor handling operation.
- Website: www.globaloffshore.in
10. SHREYAS SHIPPING:
- Ranks tenth among the shipping companies in India.
- It is a private company which was founded in 1988.
- Company handles the services like feeder services, port agency services, regional services etc.
- Company has its headquarter in Mumbai with operation in Kochi and Kutch.
- website: www.transworld.com
LIST OF TOP TEN INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COMPANIES:
1.NYK (NIPPON YUSEN KABUSHIKI KAISHA):
- NYK is one of the largest shipping company of Japan based on TEU company.
- They offer car transport, dry bulk transport and liquid transport.
- Company was responsible for opening Japan’s first passenger liner service.
2. EVERGREEN MARINE CORPORATION:
- Taiwan’s Evergreen Marine Corporation is the largest Shipping company.
- One of its headquarter is in Mumbai and was founded in 1968.
- Offices of company are established all over the world and currently operates 190 ships.
3. CMA CGM GROUP:
- One of the largest France based shipping company is CMA CGM Group.
- Headquarter is located at Marseille, France. It came in to existence in 1978.
- They have total 765 offices around the world.
- CMA CGM Georg Foster is the largest ship that can handle 18,000 twenty feet container.
- A.P. Moller Maersk Group’s largest operating unit in Maersk line.
- It is the world’s largest overseas cargo and freight carrier.
- It has 324 offices in 115 countries worldwide.
- Well known for its fleet of container ships.
5. MSC (MEDITERRANEAN SHIPPING COMPANY):
- It is a Swish International Cargo company, established in 1970.
- Largest privately owned shipping company in the world.
- They have 480 offices in 150 countries around the globe.
- A company and
well featuredcompany in terms of international shipping companies.
- It was established in 1970.
- Operates with 175 modern container ship in 117 different countries.
7.APL(AMERICAN PRESIDENT LINES):
- APL is a subsidiary company of Singapore which was founded in 1848.
- It operates the following marine terminals: Dutch Harbor(Alaska), Oakland(US), Vokohama(Japan) etc.
- Company offers 90 weekly services.
8.COSCO(CHINA OCEAN SHIPPING COMPANY):
- COSCO is largest shipping company in terms of container.
- Companies operation’s is spread over 40 countries.
- COSCO now owns five of the top ten biggest container ships each of which is able to handle 19,000 twenty feet container.
9. HANJIN SHIPPING COMPANY:
- It is one of the largest Asian cargo companies in the world.
- In 2003, COSCO formed a strategic alliance with Hanjin which benefited both the companies.
- Hanjin Shipping is South Korea’s largest shipping company.
- This company is focusing on corporate social responsibility by trying to by more green.
10. CSCL (CHINA SHIPPING CONTAINER LINES):
- CSCL is based in Shanghai, started in 1997.
- Company found its name both in Hong Kong and Shanghai Stock Exchange.