If you will join Merchant Navy as a fresher then you have to follow the Merchant Navy payroll only.
The minimum salary that you will be offered from 20,000 to 25,000 Rs. per month. Based on the government pay scale salary will be revised after one year.
After one year only you will be promoted to your own bench. Till the time you will be working under the guidance of your senior officers and you get the command from them only.
After completion of regular service of 2 years in the merchant navy then your salary, as well as the promotion, will be revised.
- The navigating officer is provided with the ‘pre-sea training’ of about 12 months.
- After the completion of the first step, cadets are given an onboard training of 18 months. Average stipend during the period is Rs. 20,000 per month.
- Further, they are sent to Nautical Colleges. There they have to appear first II-mates exam over a period of 12 months.
- This gives them an opportunity to join the ship as a 3rd officer. Promotion from this grade uplift cadet to 2nd officer. The average salary is Rs. 2-3 lakh per month.
- Proceeding they are sent to Nautical Colleges. There they appear first I-mates exam over a period of 12 months.
- Completion of the exam leads them to join the ship as a chief officer. They work for 18 months on an average salary of Rs. 4 to 6 lakh per month.
- Next, they appear for the master name.
- On the passing of the exam, they can be promoted to captain of the ship. The average salary of Rs. 6 to 9 lakh per month.
- In the end, they get a shore-based opportunity for the captain.