The pilot faces new challenges while flying a multi-engine aircraft. Challenge is not just managing the two engines, but also a higher performance which brings long responsibilities and care. Proper training is the main requirement to compete multi-engine aircraft pilot. This program adds multiple privileges to the pilot certificate.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
The duration of the course is of 4 months. It covers aerodynamics, system and procedure focusing on increasing the safety and proficiency levels of pilots. The Course also covers airline-oriented training in which they learn to fly the airway routes as well as doing instrument approaches and handling simulated emergencies like an engine and other system failures. Therefore, On successful completion of the course, the candidates are eligible to join the India/Foreign shipping companies as a Deck/Engine crew and may also be promoted to officer level with certain qualifications.
- Pass with average of 40% marks in 10th from a recognized board with science, mathematics as a subject with minimum 40% and in English and medically fit as per M.S(medical examinations of seafarers) rules 2000.
- Private or commercial pilot license.
- Current FRTO and COP/RT/R license.
- Should have passed pilot’s technical examination (specific) conducted by DGCA.
- Physical fitness: Class1 medical(Indian).
- Age: Above 18 years.
- Duration:1 month.
- Fee: As per the current fee charges.
- Certification: DGCA- Ministry of civil aviation.
- Eyesight: 6/6.
- Standard of marine navigation vocabulary and use of English language.
- Knowledge of ships and shipping industry.
- Contribute to monitoring and controlling a safe watch.
- Steer the ship and comply with Helm orders.
- Keep a proper lookout by sight and by hearing.
- Operate emergency equipment and apply emergency procedure.
- Survive at sea in the event of ship abandonment.
- Minimize risk of fire, maintain the state of readiness, fight and extinguish fires.
- Take immediate action upon encountering an accident or other medical emergencies.
- Comply with emergency procedures, prevent pollution and contribute to effective.
- Marine chief engineers.
- Marine third engineers.
- Shipping managers.
- Maintenance engineers.
- Marine superintendents.
- Working as engineers in diesel power plants.
- As engineers in large factories.
- Working as engineers in ship repair yards.
- Engineers in 5-star hotels lecturers, demonstrators as maritime colleges and universities.
- Marine second engineers.
- Maritime educators.
- Port state controllers.
- Ship surveyors.
- Shipping administrators